Did You Know....Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Pocket Full of Quarters Trek 2009 – Give ‘em Heaven
Did You Know?
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Old Town Tour
By Cheryle M. Touchton
The Pocket Full of Quarters Lady
Proclaim liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants. Leviticus 25:10NIV
Did You Know…
- That Leviticus 25:10 is on the Liberty Bell?
- That Benjamin Franklin started the first fire insurance company?
- That Benjamin Franklin started the first library?
- That the first medical school was in Philadelphia?
- That the bell that rings in Philadelphia is called the centennial bell and was given to us by England on our hundredth birthday?
- That the capital was always planned to eventually end up in Washington DC because Washington felt that no individual state should have that much power?
- That people were only about an inch shorter in the 1700’s?
- That people in the 1700’s didn’t really die that young? The reason the average life span was so short was that infant mortality was so high and it brought the average down.
- That the crack in the Liberty Bell that we see today was really part of the solution because when the started to crack, a hole was ground out so it could still be used without causing the crack to grow?
- That cobblestones are really just plain old river rocks? The reason they are called cobblestones is that cobble is the material between the rocks that hold them together.
Gail and I went on a walking tour of Philadelphia last night. We were able to witness to people on the tour as we walked the streets of Old Town Philadelphia and heard the story of the beginnings of our nation. Quantum Leap provided access to the tour and we felt so blessed to be here. What joys and opportunities God provides when you surrender to His will. See the pictures in the Photo Gallery to pray for the people on the tour – particularly the one marked “new friend.”
Cheryle M. Touchton is the Director of Pocket Full of Change Ministries. For more information or to schedule a speaker for an event, go to www.pocketfullofchange.org or call Gail Golden at 904 316-5462.
This ministry exists because people like you are called to help fund the work of the kingdom. To help keep the Pocket Full of Quarters Lady on the road as a traveling missionary, send your tax deductible contribution to Pocket Full of Change Ministries, POB 51205, Jacksonville Beach, Florida 32240 or go to the donate button on the home page of this website.
Cheryle M. Touchton is the Director of Pocket Full of Change Ministries. For more information or to schedule a speaker for an event, go to
www.pocketfullofchange.org or call Cheryle Touchton at 904-614-3585.
Copyright: Pocket Full of Change Ministries
This ministry exists because people like you are called to help fund the work of the kingdom. To help keep "The Pocket Full of Quarters Lady" on the road leading people to Christ, you can